What is an Aura
Aura is a sort of energy field that surrounds every object in the universe; humans, organisms, animals and even objects have an aura. It was also known as an electromagnetic field or some people call it Human Energy Field that covers the human physical body. The auras that our body emit have different densities that enter and exit through the body and this energy is often in an oval shape (therefore it is called an auric egg). It surrounds us in all directions.
Some people can see auras and some people can’t, but whether it is magical, physical or mystical, auras are a part of everyone. It is said that children are very good at seeing and experiencing the aura. A healthy person will usually have an aura that covers his or her whole body, from above the head to below the feet. An aura is made of seven interrelated layers and each layer has distinct and unique frequencies. These layers interact and relay information between human body through its seven chakra energy centers, as well as the immediate external environment. The energies from the chakras produce the auras.
Each of the layers relates to the mental, physical, spiritual and emotional conditions of an individual. Energetic vibrations of our feelings, thoughts, awareness, state of health and past experiences are stored in our different aura layers. The outermost layer of an aura’s energy field could extend anywhere from 5 – 7 feet from a person’s body, depending on his overall health and well-being. Spiritual, emotional and physical health affect the size of the aura.
Seven Layers of the Aura
- The first field is called the etheric aura. It spans about half an inch – 2 inches from the surface of the skin and holds information about our physical health. This layer connects primarily with our first chakra, our organs, glands and meridiens.
- Extending about 1 – 3 inches from our body, the emotional layer of the aura holds emotions and feelings. This is the vehicle through which we experience feelings as well as emotional life. It is primarily connected to our second chakra. Being constantly changing, the second field of aura reflects our current mood. This field can appear somewhat muddied when negative feelings and emotional blocks are present. Problems in this layer can have a negative impact at some point in the third and first layers.
- The third aura is known as mental layer. Being connected to our third chakra, It extends anywhere from 3 – 8 inches from our body. This layer contains our thoughts, ideas and mental processes. Both the conscious and unconscious minds are active – it never rests unless we are meditating. In this layer, ideas and thoughts are rationalized and validated.
- The fourth layer is called the astral layer which spreads out about one foot. It is associated with the heart chakra, creating and metabolizing the energy of love for people around us as well as the world. If the first three layers of our aura reflect the physical nature and presence, this fourth layer is the window to our spiritual nature.
- The etheric template is the fifth layer, protruding about two feet outward, the aura connects with the fifth chakra, sound, communication, vibration and creativity. This layer serves primarily as a carbon copy of our physical body on the spiritual plane. The throat chakra is the power of transforming our thought into word, listening as well as taking responsibility for every action. It represents the divine spark and bears our High Self.
- The sixth aura reflects our subconscious mind. It is known as the celestial layer which extends about 2 – 3 feet away from our body. It is where our physical mind comes to connection with the spiritual mind through devotional practices and meditation. We arrived at this state thruogh meditation and inner work realising that there is actually no separation between all other being and ourselves. This layer also holds the experiences of having a connection to something greater than ourselves.
- The last layer is called the causal layer or ketheric layer. This layer can extend to over three feet which surrounds and holds all other layers together. Vibrating at the highest frequencies, the seventh layer reflects all the experiences and events that our souls have undergone. The ketheric layer is the link to “God”, “Source”, “Creator” or “All That Is” and becoming one with the universe.